The week with meetings and laptop problems | 13th-18th September 2020
13th-18th September 2020
We all received the first problem set for Data Analysis which is due on the 21st of September. Rather than looking at the questions and try solving them, I decided to spend another Sunday binge-watching, not alone but with the family. We watched Aarya on Hotstar. Completed 9 episodes, each of around 50 to 55 minutes in a single day. It was really something. We had never ever watched a series o just tv for so long. 8 and a half hours.
Without shutting down my laptop, I put on charging and went to bed. I thought it would be fully charged by the morning 8 am classes and further, but to my worst nightmare, even after I detached the charging cable the laptop was still charging. What kind of sorcery is this, but in the middle of the class, when Prof. Ruchira was literally solving Problem set 1, the laptop crashed. it took me a minute or more to come to what had happened.
A time where all my work is done and is on the laptop died in front of me. Yes died, that's how I felt. I literally love this laptop. I don't know why but I am extremely attached to it. I remember back in 2019, in the first semester, I came back from the class to my room when suddenly I felt tremors. When the other girls were banging on everyone's doors to get out, I picked up my wallet, laptop, phone, and their chargers and left the room. I took these things with me. Literally, if something big were to happen, be it an earthquake or anything, my go to is to pick this up. I f I would have some more time, I guess I would have even packed some clothes too. After that day, I always keep a small bag ready with some a pair of clothes (nightwear and daywear) and some toiletries in it. Kind of like a rescue bag.
I went to the Hp center in Lajpat Nagar and gave them the laptop for inspection. Went to my Dad's office to attend the rest of the classes in the evening that is just one, Making words matter with Prof. Annie, where she told us about the upcoming assignment which was due on the 24th of September, where we had to review a non-fiction comic.
The next day I went to Greater Kailash to get The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman, A Train to Pakistan by Kushwant Singh, and A Passage to India by E.M Foster. It felt nice to get out of the house alone and have a nice cup of coffee. I attended the rest of the classes at the office. Prof. Kishalayh told us that we would have an individual meeting with him on Saturday and will discuss the assignments, readings, and journal. I even emailed Prof. Ishan Mukherjee who is my mentor for a meeting on Friday before meeting Prof. Kishalay.
I went to the HP Center on Wednesday to get back my laptop, my sweet Rosetta Specter. I was so happy I got her back. We received an email from Prof. Reeju about the Mid-term assignment and I emailed her to request a meeting.
In the summer break, I took a course on Digital marketing before interning with Karan, on Internshala. It made him furious as to why did I take a course and not simply learn it on the internet myself. Isn't it the same thing? Whatever. In the course, I learned how to set up a blog and how one can analytically trace it. So, for the Elective Journal Assignment, I decided that I would all write it online, on blogger.com, to avoid writing in a diary and send pictures of it to Professor.
I discussed this idea with Prof. Ishan and I also shared how this semester is not easy for me to handle due to my anxiety issues. He advised me of some forms of to-do lists. Rather than making it the night before, wake up and then create a list which has not heavy but realistic. Understanding my own stand of the day and make a realistic list which is possible to achieve. even to categorize the tasks to their importance.
Professor. Reeju had given me a slot for 2 pm on Saturday, after Prof. Kishalay's meeting. With Prof. Kishalay I shared my plan for the Journal, ideas for connecting the dots, he also explained how I do the connections and the book review. I waited for Prof. Reeju to reply to the meeting till 3 pm but got no reply.
It's late, I will just read Maus and go to bed now. This week made me realize my dependence on the internet, phones, and this laptop. Wi
thout any of these things, I feel incomplete, even though I don't know the meaning of feeling complete but still.




Comments
Post a Comment