the week where From being surrounded, to be being alone- by choice | 31st August - 5th September 2020

 31st August - 5th September 2020

I spent the 30th August Sunday, freely, with family, with just my annoying problems, and forgot the assignments I had coming the next week. I spend the Sunday night preparing for the next day's classes and then I was reminded by my parents, how I had promised them three weeks ago, that I would take care of the house when they would go and visit Vinod Chachu in Ludhiana. They were insisting on me to join them too, but how could I. First, the thing about traveling, that even by car, in this certain time, where the COVID cases are nowhere near to be coming down. Second, college, how would they expect me to attend the classes on road. there are going to be internet issues, how will I take down notes, and how will I ask my douts or even participate in the classes. they won't agree on traveling on the weekend because they want to be back by Sunday, 5th of September. 

I was perfectly fine for staying back home, SAFE. It is not like I don't want my family to be safe, but I can't argue with my dad. It is extremely difficult. We only talk when necessary, mostly when I am in trouble or need his help, serious help. Mom, Dad, and my brothers left on the 1st of September, Tuesday early in the morning. 

On Monday, we had our first quiz, which was in the form of a game, called taboo. I had never played it before. The words were going to be from last week's module and Ashima Didi was going to handle it. We were be put in groups of two, on the spot, and I was paired with Prof. Kishalay. 😱 Anyhow, I tried my best, got 2 out of 5. 

On Wednesday, we had our first deadline for Radio, to submit:

1) Radio report on the press conference - Hum Agar Utthe Nhi To

2) Transcript for America's Child Brides 

3) Introduction script for a Radio Interview with Prashant Bhushan

I was not done with the transcript and then came in my Bade Fufaji and Sanjaat Bhaiya from Jammu. Everything was sorted until I got to know that the deadline wasn't 12 am but 6 pm. I got to know this at 5:15 pm by my classmate, Kritika Mathur. It was by luck she called me because Samyukta had copied her assignment, as everyone had to upload it on OneDrive and everyone could view each other's assignment. Thanks, Samyukta for copying her assignment and being my friend. Sure what she did was wrong and stupid. She did not reframe it for God Sake, simply copy-pasted. It was by luck that professors did not close the portal and I submitted it by time. Phewww

After completing the assignment I made an Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake, just yesterday, in Migration and the Pandemic, Prof. was talking about food- Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian. It was just me and Preksha Didi who are vegetarian in the class. I did not have the guts to switch on my mic and say that I was a vegetarian.Uff my nervousness. Why am I like this?

I completed my other assignments, read the readings given to use, and enjoyed I enjoyed my Wednesday night watching the new Netflix series, Masaba Masaba. I had a 1 pm class the next day, so I was up till late at night. 

I really did not like the show. Just why do they need to make such, stupid dramatic shows without any sensible stories. Matlab Kuch Bhi Chap do audience ko aab. But I had to complete it at least, I just skipped to the end episode, and to add up to my disappointment, it ended on a cliffhanger. We really don't need a season 2 of Masaba Gupta's life drama. Who does not have drama in their life. Indian Netflix is just giving a platform to ideologies that don't make sense. 

There was another show in July, called Indian Matchmaking. Uhgghhhh. The most annoying show ever. I watched it with my mom, just managed to sit through the first two episodes. 




I spent my Thursday morning prepping the breakfast for Fufaji and Bhaiya and downloaded The Plague, by Albert Camus on my kindle. I read it till 1 pm, attended the Radio class, where we talked about audio editing on Audacity. It was a task. To follow along online is quite difficult. To switch back and forth between apps and make sure you don't miss anything, where you can't even see what your classmates are doing, is really difficult. Somehow I guess would have been better, if the professor could send us a tutorial like the ones on youtube so we keep a check of it. After class, I went back to the class recordings to make sure what to do. 

After that, I knew I had time before my next class, which was going to be a guest lecture from Professor. Kishalay. I went through the reading Prof. Reeju had sent us through email: Aryans Versus Non-Aryans: A Study of Dalit Narratives of India's Ancient Past, by Ashish Kumar. 
Prof. Kishalay started the lecture by telling us the story of his house helper, who belongs to the Kayas Jatti, the story of Phulan Devi- Bandit Queen, suggested us to read:- House of Blue Mangoes by David Davidar and Superior: the return of race science by Angela Saini. He also explained the importance of the various subject we have in our courses. For the first time, it became clear to me as to why in a course of journalism and mass comm., we studied Geography all because if we do not know the lay of the land, we won't be able to imagine a race or even a place. It teaches us about the people, their practices, languages, skills, and diversity. 

The rest of the day I watched How to Get Away with Murder, Season 6 on Netflix. My very good friend's birthday was coming up- on 8th September 2020. He had always spent his birthday with his friends outside. He kept cribbing about it as if he is the only one who has celebrate his birthday this year at home. I mean it is for your safety dumbass. 

This was an okay week, I think I should go out for a change. Let's see. 

NEWSPAPER CLIPS FOR THE WEEK

31st August 2020, Monday








1st September 2020, Tuesday






2nd September 2020, Wednesday



3rd September 2020, Thursday 


4th September 2020, Friday


Comments

Popular Posts