The week I got 100 calls | 3rd- 9th October 2020
3rd- 9th October 2020
As the construction was in process, my parents decided that they will send my brothers to Jammu by car alone with the driver. I trust our driver a lot but what I was worried about was the journey. I was extremely anxious about them going alone. Both of them were happy to go to Jammu at our Buas house after a year.
They left early Tuesday morning, and they had my Dadi's phone and I made them share their live location with me through Whatsapp so that I could check on them.
There was a Quiz for Migration and the Pandemic that day. My brothers should have reached the Jammu border by then but as soon as the quiz started, I received a call from my Uncle saying that no one was picking up the phone, not my brothers not even the driver. It scared me as even the live location got deactivated. I took a break from the quiz and tried getting in contact. I did not know how long it would take so I continued with the quiz. I later received a message from them saying Sorry, could not pick up the call because bhaiya is talking to his boss.
All the problems started from here. They called me around 10 pm to tell me that they thought it would all be fun, that everyone would spend time with each other, play games, and enjoy, but they were told in the car itself to always stay quiet. Nobody to make any noise in the day because everyone works from home.
They got super bored. Kept calling me again and again, complaining and crying and asking me to come back home or me to come there, too Jammu. They stopped attending their classes, did not even eat. I had a quiz coming up on Friday for reading images and boy wasn't it difficult. I spent the entire week going through the readings and recording to cover up the syllabus for the quiz. In between that, I couldn't stop getting these video calls or voice messages always crying to come back home.
It became a real fuss. Everyone wanted me to go to Jammu, as mom had to get started with my room too. I really don't want to go there. I like staying here, even though it has done me no benefit.
I also got a message from Karan, my boss asking me if I had received the experience letter for the time I interned. It was a good talk I had with him. He asked me how I was doing, the reason why he hired me- my enthusiasm and promising behavior. Wait. Do I have that? I am not sure. If he was able to get that without ever meeting me, does that mean I do have it hidden in me?
We had guest lectures in Data analysis for making plots and coding on R in more depth analysis. I am so easy to get distracted from the work that requires the most attention. I keep procrastinating on what to do.
So, I guess I have to go to Jammu. The is in a complete mess. I can not for the love of God attend the classes in this noise and dust. My parents are letting in around 10 laborers and most of them don't even wear a mask. It is better I should leave. I have booked a ticket for the 11th of October, which is a Sunday so it won't disturb any of my classes. Here I come Jammu.
The House in renovation:










Comments
Post a Comment