The time i did not get out of a room except once- for the moon | 31st October- 10th November 2020

 31st October- 10th November 2020

For the Radio Drama script, I got in contact with Prof. Venu and tried discussing the assignment with her but didn't go as planned. Hello, anxiety and nervousness my best friends, who come in to ruin everything. I still tried to get somethings done by making the script with some format but as usual, where I had planned to submit around 12 pm on the 1st when the deadline was 6 pm just so I could spend time with my brothers, I was only able to figure the format out by 3 pm. Why. I did not want to go with a different format because most of my classmates did the same. I had communicated my plan to my mom endlessly for the past week but she still got it wrong. It was that we all will meet at dad's office, watch a movie, and have dinner and I will take them to the mall on the weekend after my submissions. She got it wrong and thought I would take them on the 1st itself. MOM, why? I was clear. Can I please get done with these first, please? 

The next day, Monday 2nd November we had the connecting the dots assignment due. At the last moment, I changed the entire outline because it was going off the word limit. I did end it abruptly but it is on me, I should have done it before just the way Prof. Kishalay had explained in the last meeting. When will I learn? When

On Tuesday we had a quiz in the migration class, and in radio were introduced to the new in-class assignment where we are going to create a manual for a Community radio. We got divided into groups- me, Chirayu, Aayushman, Amaya, and Jasangad. It was interesting but to get everyone online was a task. 

I spent the 4th mostly reading Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro as we had an in-class assignment on Friday and prepared for the further presentation for radio. I watched the movie, made notes, and was for the first time happy that I am ready with an assignment beforehand. It was karva chutt, the most absurd festival we celebrate. I came out to click some pictures of my masi, went up with them to the terrace to see the stupid moon. 







Much to my shock, when I asked in the class group if anybody choose Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro, I got to know we were supposed to read a novel, a fictional book for tomorrow's test. I could not breathe. I choose The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. I got to know this around 6 pm and did not want to waste any more time. I did not have the book handy, so I bought it on Kindle and began reading. 

I did not move out of my room, stayed up all night glued to my phone screen where I completed an entire book by 8 am the next day, and was ready with the review by 2 pm. I have no idea how I pulled it off. 

I had the opinion piece due on Monday, 9th October for which I am mostly prepared so I decided to take the Saturday off. No studying for that one day. I slept from 10 pm to 2 pm. It was fun. I later then realized my brother's situation with homework. They both had 65 assignments due in total. Big shocker. Nrip was with me and Naren was at our Nani house. One sat next to me and the other on skype. 

I did not make them sit for long and slept for the night. On Sunday, the day I was supposed to finish the opinion piece while having a mathi I broke my brace in a bad way even with the wire. I had to immediately go to the dentist but he was no well. So I decided to take up into my own hands and ended up hurting myself even more. While trying to take the brace and wire off with a cuticle clipper, I ended up cutting my lip, gum, and tongue. It was so bad. Very bad. I had to get stitches on my lips. 

I was not able to complete the assignment by Monday, got an extension for a day, and did it by the 10th. God, I have literally taken an extension for every other assignment this time. Let's hope I stay well for the rest of the sem and pass-through this. 

Comments

Popular Posts