The week of interview hunt | 26th September- 2nd October 2020

 26th September- 2nd October 2020

With the graphic novel review coming up I have to look for a subject to interview for my radio program. It is due on the 4th of October. I completed reading Maus and done with the review before time so that I could concentrate on the interview. 

In the class when Professors were explaining the assignment, the first person that came to my mind was Vishnu Kaushal. He is a content creator, influencer, has a podcast, has extreme political views, is smart and I am a big fan of his. At first, I decided to choose the genre for my radio program as Art and culture. I direct messaged him on Instagram:

[5:03 PM, 12/3/2020] Dhrriti Jain: Hi Vishnu, I am your big admirer and follower. You and your content are amazing and super positive. There has never been a time when I come across your video or picture and it would fail to bring a smile to my face.  

I am a 2nd-year journalism student at the O.P Jindal Global University. I have the assignment to prepare a formal audio interview and I would appreciate it if you could be my subject under the theme- Art and Culture.  

Your ideas and thoughts are so inspiring and interesting and if it is alright with you and if I could get a green signal from your side, I would like to pitch this idea to my professor. Thank you.

[5:03 PM, 12/3/2020] Dhrriti Jain: Hello Dhrriti,

Thank you for considering me for this but I had decided to not do interviews anytime soon so I won’t be able to go ahead w this for now :)

[5:03 PM, 12/3/2020] Dhrriti Jain: This is just a college assignment and I understand. Thank you.

Before getting his reply I had already discussed it with Prof.Ram, but Vishnu refused, so the next step was to look for a new subject. I called my elder brother in Jammu for some advice. 

He told me that his neighbor is a retired IAS officer and I can interview him. 

I spent the week talking to him, got him comfortable to talk on Zencastr, and got the interview beforehand for the 4th.

We started coding on R this week. I did not know that behind such newspaper or just journalistic stories, one has to do so much research being it numbers, figures.

I spent my days at Starbucks in Green Park Market. 
This was the first time I ever recorded an Interview plus edited it. I made a script. It was a fun experience. 

Interesting how just when an assignment is coming up, most of my classmates will remember that I exist and will call me. Hey, can you help me with the assignment? Can you please send me the notes. If you have done yours, can you please share it with me...

No, I don't want to share it with you. Not this time. I learned my lesson when I did endless favors for all in the previous semester. Honestly, I can't even help myself this time. 

My mom is so bored staying at home, so she has decided to pick up a new project. She was busy with the office for a year nearly, but just staying home for a month bored her. Think about the kids, please. We have our school and college. It isn't easy doing from home. It is the story of every other kid. Neither do they want to wear a mask or keep themselves safe. They plan to renovate the entire house from the flooring to the ceiling. 
Why are they doing this to us. I have a quiz coming up for the next week: Module 4. I need to prepare for it and at the same time they want us, the kids out. We have two options: stay here in Delhi at our Nani house or go to Jammu. I want neither of them. Nrip and Naren want to go to Jammu. Let's see what will happen.




Comments